Wednesday 10 July 2013

Productivity


It is fun to go back and build a series of these saw horses.  You may have recalled back in January I built my own set of sawhorses as part of 12 week curriculum.  The fun part is seeing how much faster I have gotten at  the operations necessary to construct the horses.

Today I was able to cut the majority of the joints on all the parts.  The majority of the mortises are cut on a specific jig using a router (very Norm like).  After all the joints are cut I can finish plane all the surfaces and then it will be time for some assembly.


Having everything close at hand, ready to go into the jig and the jig clamped down meant the whole routing operation took only 20 minutes.  Hoping tomorrow to finish it all off.

Cheers 
Hans Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment