Tuesday 7 January 2014

New Year Blues

Two days into the new work year and it is damn cold here.  Bummer because cold brings everyone's energy down which is not what you want when you are trying to began the new year on a high note.
I have begun the planning for a kitchen renovation, same house I replaced the siding on this past fall.  Brand new kitchen in a very old house can be a challenge, unexpected things behind the walls, floors out of level, nothing square and to say nothing of matching a new kitchen to an existing homes style.
To avoid issues in the project forethought and a certain elasticity in the plan help.  Plan for the worse hope for the best.
I've got the scope worked out, the plan is to refinish the floors, paint the walls, install new cabinets, move appliances and set a new tile back splash.  A straight forward renovation nothing outrageous nothing that pushes the boundaries.
Next step for me is to put together quotes from suppliers and other trades to finalize the budget and once that is done I can draft the plans for the work.
In other news I now have a website for my business H3 Design and Construction, check it out at h3designconstruction.  Let me know what you think of the website and the work I've done.  And keep checking back to see new work.
Cheers
Hans Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment