Wednesday 19 June 2013

Back And With A New Spin

Alright I have been gone from blogging for a few months now.  And I was doing so well with the regular posting.  Truth is, aside from losing Internet connection for a long period of time, I have not wanted to blog.  Right on Hans no one cares (Internet troll voice).  Yea why would you care.  However why I haven't been wanting to blog I think is a good conversation.  When I started this blog I did it to show fellow woodworkers in the online community what I was working on and how I was doing it.  After a while the idea of sharing my experience turned into thought (bad thoughts) of educating people on how to work wood.  I thought I knew all and people should listen to me.  Now that I have completed the Rosewood Studio twelve week I realised how little I did know and how much I still have to learn.  So now blogging shall again be about sharing my work with others...At least in part.

 Working on my tool chest in my new bench space

The other change I want to make to the blog is expanding the horizon of what I blog about.  I want to share more about to other big topics close to my heart; architecture and sustainability.  Even before I had a college degree in architecture I loved architectural design and environmentally friendly design.

Since my last post in march I have completed the twelve week program at Rosewood.  WOW what an experience.  I learnt so much in a short time and enjoyed every minute of it.  And thankfully it has not stopped.  Ron, the teacher and owner of the school has invited me to stay on at the school as the new resident craftsmen (shop tech, shop rat if you wanna be less fancy about it).  I get to use the shop to work on my own projects, attend all the class that get run and absorb even more knowledge, this is an incredible experience and I am very grateful for the opportunity.

The view from my new bench space

So keep checking back and see what is getting done.

Cheers
Hans Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment