Saturday 23 October 2021

Listening to My Wife



When my wife said she thinks I'm a good writer I had the same reaction that I do anytime someone gives me a compliment, I didn't except it. I self analyse, over critique, judge, and doubt myself anytime someone tells me I am good at anything. However when she told me I should do more, I did hear that loud and clear. I have wanted to write for as long as I can remember. I don't because of the stupid fear of judgement of others (a topic for another day). I also understand that the best way to get over a fear and to improve at something is repeated practice and exposure. That means this post maybe one of the most important. I am going to get back to writing, for a couple of reasons. Practice will make me a better writer ( a skill I really want to improve). I like writing, I enjoy the process, and find it cathartic. I have some ideas and thoughts I believe are worth sharing (they are by no means original but still worth putting down on paper (so to speak)). And finally, when my wife has a good idea I try to listen and try even harder to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment